Quotes can motivate, inspire and even in certain moments make us look at life differently. These are 12 of my favorite inspirational quotes that keep me exploring new horizons.
1) It’s a funny thing coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realize what’s changed is you.” ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
2) Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you ~ it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you…hopefully, you leave something good behind.” ~Anthony Bourdain
3) Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.” Unknown
4) Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
5) Once a year go someplace you have never been before. ~ Dalai Lama
6) We travel to learn; and I have never been in any country where they did not do something better than we do it, think some thoughts better than we think, catch some inspiration from heights above our own. ~Maria Mitchell
7) Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime. ~Mark Twain
8) Through travel I first became aware of the outside world; it was through travel that I found my own introspective way into becoming a part of it. ~Eudora Welty
9) We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more. ~Pico Iyer
10) Traveling is my form of self-education. ~Yvon Chouinard
11) I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
12) Travel brings power and love back into your life. ~Rumi
Share the post, share the love.